Status: Accepting applications through March 12, 2021
Full-Time “Exempt” Position with Benefits
- Lead in setting the direction, as well as the strategic implementation, of FCC’s internal and external communications, advertising, and marketing in support of mission and vision.
- Coach church staff and ministry leaders on communication plans and development of materials.
- Oversee strategy and content development for technology, social media, web presence, public relations, promotion, advertising and media relations.
Pastor for Missional Leadership
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own and manage FCC’s identity (branding).
- Directs the design and creation of FCC communications for maximum effectiveness with particular emphasis on content and form.
- Supervises the Communications and Administration Assistant.
Employee Communications: (5% of Time)
- Provides consultation to Finance Administrator on contracts, benefits, compliance, development & performance tracking.
- Accessibility of internal information:
*Calendar & Events
*Updates on Initiatives
Congregational Communications: (40% of Time)
“Own” the enhancement of Body-facing communication through multiple vehicles, allowing Pastors & Directors to focus on strategy and other aspects of ministry development.
- Develop and implement plans for communication of key decisions.
- Bring transparency to milestones, key decision rationale and outcomes in critical rhythms of the church (budget cycle, ministry cycles, community life cycles, membership, etc).
- Lead the messaging and creation of internal-facing collateral materials: weekly worship folders, sermon and conversation guides, hard-print collateral (“FAITH Hudson" magazine, booklets, brochures), worship “screens” and digital signage, ADVANCE emails, Teams communications, Annual Meeting, etc.
- Work with Lead Pastor on writing, editing and distributing the weekly “UpDate” emails
- Set direction and guide work of freelancers and volunteers on creative and technology-based projects (graphic designers, IT analysts, writers, copy editors and photographers).
- Write scripts and/or talking points for worship service announcements and videos in support of mission and vision.
- Lead social media usage by ministry leaders (including The Refuge, Awana, Epoch, Faith Women’s Ministry (LATTE,Thrive, Women in the Word), Men’s Ministry.
- Track, analyze and report weekly metrics of viewing of online worship services and other online media.
- Schedule and train online hosts for worship services, write and distribute weekly online host scripts.
Stewardship for the FaithBase app
- Plan and execute communication strategy for app.
- Lead the creation of content for app.
- Update FCC Prayer and Care Wall on app.
- Oversee maintenance of FCC communications and media on app.
Stewardship for facility signage
- Collaborate with pastors and staff on signage messaging.
- Work with facility manager on signage placement.
- Work with vendors to create and install signage.
External Communications: (25% of Time)
- Community Facing & Outreach – Develop plan and content for public relations and marketing, including newspaper, internet, web site, social media, hard-print collateral, etc.
- Website: Plan and develop content, monitor, update, maintain and analyze web site in cooperation with web design and maintenance firm.
- Lead social media plan for FCC social media accounts, including digital advertising (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram): Plan and lead development of content, monitor, update and analyze.
Manage Information Technology Function: (15%of Time)
- Oversee management of IT-related vendors for managed services and web design and maintenance.
- Lead development of collaboration resources, including intranet (SharePoint) and Office365.
- Develop a comprehensive technology applications strategy.
- Working in collaboration with Facilities Manager on land-line and wireless hardware and services, scripting greeting.
Administrative Meetings & Training (15% of Time)
- Lead 03 meeting with Communications and Administration Assistant.
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and administrative meetings in support of communicating mission and vision.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and staff training sessions.
- Participate on the Digital Content Strategy Team.
- Ability to collaboratively lead staff and volunteer resources with or without direct supervisory authority
- Skilled in designing and implementing communications strategies and tactics
- Ability to operate independently with minimal direction, providing proactive solutions to anticipated needs.
- Excels in written communication and able to create multi-media communications.
- Capable of extracting “key messages” from conceptual outlines and developing the best media mix for the “message.”
- Understands the application of various technologies to the communications ecosystem in enough depth to guide technology strategy for FCC.
- 4-year degree in communications related field or experiential equivalent
- 5 years experience in positions with a focus on organizational (internal & external) communications within a medium to large organization
- Keen understanding of the communications opportunities embedded in emerging technology platforms and multiple media
- Track record of creating and implementing effective communications strategies
- Exceptional listening and observational skills
- Leadership skills
- Project management skills
- Skilled in use of Windows Office applications and creative software (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, AdobeInDesign)
- Covenant member or willingness to enter into membership of Faith Community Church
Highly desired additional qualifications /abilities:
- Post graduate degree in a communications related field
- Significant managerial experience in a medium- to large-sized organization
- Skilled in PC and Mac office and media applications
- Familiar with social media analytics and reporting
- Familiar with Google Analytics and reporting
- Familiar with Office365 and SharePoint products
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Ashley Hines by Friday, March 12, 2021, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Faith Community Church, Attention: Ashley Hines, 777 Carmichael Road, Hudson, WI 54016.