Announcements - Sunday, October 1, 2017
TITUS 2 MENTORING MINISTRY (A PART OF FAITH WOMEN'S MINISTRY)
- The Titus 2 ministry is a mentoring
ministry to help equip women to make more and better
disciples of Jesus Christ.
- If you’re thinking about being a mentor, there is a great opportunity to experience
what it’s like to be a part of a Titus 2 group before taking the next
steps toward becoming a mentor.
- It takes place on Oct. 9, in
the home of one of the Titus 2 leaders. There’s no cost to you to attend. Please note that if you would like to
attend the Oct. 9th training, the deadline to RSVP is Oct. 1.
AS WE GO DISCIPLESHIP WORKSHOP - HOW TO START A DISCIPLESHIP RELATIONSHIP
- At FCC, our mission is to make more and better disciples, and we want to follow Jesus’ example. We want to make disciples who make disciples. And, what we hear often is that people want to live out this mission, but they’re not sure if they’re qualified for discipleship or even where to start. The good news is that if you are a follower of Jesus, you are a disciple of Christ and you are a discipler.
- We’re offering a workshop after both services TODAY, Oct. 1, to help equip FCC for discipleship. The workshop is all about how to start a discipleship relationship, and it will include a panel discussion with some people here at FCC with years of experience with discipleship. And, that’s Gary and Angela Nourse, along with
Jill Willike. Diane Bennett is facilitating the
discussion.They are eager to help you take your next
steps with discipleship and mentoring.
- The workshop will take place in Rooms 9 and 10 after both services today. There’s no cost for the workshop, and no need to register.
HOSPITALITY TEAM TRAINING
- Today’s big
announcement is brought to you by the letter "H," which stands for hospitality.
- The life of
discipleship that Jesus calls us to is much more than the transfer of
information, it is relational, life on life.
- More often than
not, those who enter into a discipleship relationship with Faith Community make
their first step in one of our two gatherings on Sunday morning. Out of love
for them and those who already call FCC home, we make our welcome more than a
mat at the door, but a team of people to help everyone God sends our way feel
welcomed, noticed and loved providing a life giving on ramp to life as a
disciple in community. We see hospitality as mission critical.
staffing our team requires 45 people every weekend. From greeters to
our coffee crew to those who make you feel at home in our gatherings and take
next steps, we endeavor to be a large church with a small church feel. If you
have a bent toward hospitality, young or old, male or female we would love to
have you consider being part of our team.
- We offer
one 90-minute training a year and hold it on two different dates, pick the one
that works best for you. They are this coming
Saturday, October 7, from 9-10:30 a.m. (light breakfast provided), and another
session on Monday, October 16, from 6:30-8:00 p.m., with dessert.
- Those who
are already part of the team will be attending this time of development. If you
have interest in this area and want to test the waters, simply show up and see
what is going on, we’d love to have you!
- To learn more about the opportunities that exist
or how you can join this team stop by the ministry booth after our gathering
and help make this on ramp to discipleship even more effective.