Dear Faith Community,
I am grateful and pleased to note that our in-person services have proceeded very smoothly. In the spirit of removing unnecessary barriers to gathering, beginning Sunday, June 28, 2020, we invite you to gather with us on Sunday morning, without the need to RSVP. After a few weeks of limiting our in-person services to 100 people each, we believe we are able to have more people in our services, while still practicing physical distancing. (If our in-person attendance increases substantially, we may need to reconsider the RSVP process.). Thank you again for your patience and flexibility as we’ve been learning these past few weeks through our first phase in regathering at the building.
Our heart’s desire is that we continue to be one family and of one spirit with one mission to help everyone meet, know and follow Jesus. Please know that whether you stay home and watch online or choose to attend in-person, that you matter to us and you matter to God, and we are all one body.
Just a reminder that for our in-person gatherings we intend to follow, in spirit, the COVID guidelines provided by St. Croix County and the CDC:
- If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, we request you not attend until your symptoms have passed. Symptoms may include:
- Coughing or sneezing
- Gastro-intestinal upset
- Loss of taste or smell
- Other general symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Maintain physical distancing: Spacing of at least 6 feet from those outside their immediate family while circulating and seated in the building.
- We are also recommending that all of our in-person attendees strongly consider wearing a mask, especially during singing. The predominant transmission mode of the COVID virus is via air borne particulates. Speaking and singing will be the two activities, in addition to coughing and sneezing, that will most likely propel a potential virus toward others. In the spirit of Romans 14 and out of love and the desire for the safety of our neighbors, we ask for your help and understanding in this matter. If you are able, please bring your own mask. We will have masks available at the building entrance for those who don’t bring their own.
- Maintain personal hygiene: We will provide hand sanitizer and encourage people to use it as they enter and exit the building.
- Cleaning common touch points before and during services will be done as an extra measure of sanitation.
- We will refrain from shaking hands or engaging in physical contact.
- Boxes will be provided at the back of the sanctuary for receiving tithes and offerings.
- We will not conduct communion in service during this period.
- Worship folders/bulletins will be online only (no print materials).
- Bibles (at seating) will not be available.
- Coffee and donuts will not be available.
While we believe these measures will reduce the possibility of infection for those who attend services in-person, we cannot eliminate that risk entirely. As a result, we need you to resolve for yourself whether participating in on-site worship is the best approach for you. The safest alternative, especially for those who are vulnerable or immune-compromised will continue to be worshipping with us online.
If you’d like to attend worship services at the church building this Sunday, please just come—there’s no need to RSVP! You can also worship from home at fcchudson.com, on YouTube or on Facebook, too!